Friday, September 24, 2010

#1 in a new art series "Messing with the Masters"

Some might think it's not right or nice to mess around with another artists' work and then call it their own.  However, second hand or re-worked art is often done in the form of rubber stamps, recolouring,  using a different background etc. by amateur artists, which  i most definitely am. I'm a Photoshopping grandma, adding to the original, subtracting from it and changing it whilst creating a new piece of artwork from it.
The first one happened sort of accidently and since i've never seen any other art using this method i'm claiming it as my very own original technique!
My first make over utilizes a painting of Angelo Bronzino (1503 - 1572)
Top is Eleonora da Toledo by Angelo Bronzino.
Bottom is my Photoshop make over
Please comment if you like it, and also if you don't. I'd really appreciate your feedback.

No comments: